Image Map

2.28.2014

Spring Purchase Planning

My spending follows a predictable pattern each year. After the excesses of Christmas, there is a stark drop in my shopping come January.  I’m sure it’s like this for most of us.  There’s no clothing to buy after getting Christmas gifts, and there’s less entertaining to do, save for maybe a Super Bowl party.  
 
But as the calendar starts to tiptoe towards March, and spring issues of fashion magazines hit stands, my attitude of [starvation] turns wildly towards excess. I’m itching to swipe my credit card and freshen up my closet, swapping scratchy winter wool for the brights of spring. 
 
I like to have a plan of attack for shopping, so I usually think about what I might want for the season before I buy. It helps me keep things in check and ensure I don’t waste money on things I won’t really wear. 

I love this J.Crew popover  in this springy blue. Perfect for tossing on over jeans. 
 
 
I also need this ridiculous J.Crew lobster print sweater. I just love it.  

 
Now that I’m 27 and not 22, my social life involves more Friday night dinners out and casual apartment hangouts, so I’m adjusting my shopping to my reality and losing the bar looks. This Loft lace top will look great with jeans and cute sandals. 
 
 
Is J. Crew’s scallop dress too last year? Because I still love it. Now if only I could decide between navy and citrus green!
 
Spring seems to bring with it a ton of bridal showers, so I’m thinking of investing in this Jessica Simpson dress for its simple elegance. Bonus, it’s navy, apparently a hot color for spring (although I have to ask, can navy ever be “hot?” Doesn’t it just always work?)
 
 
Love these Louise et Cie pumps for work. Another pair to add to the collection under my desk.
 
 
And also for work, this Banana Republic bright pink pencil skirt is a cheery antidote to how I feel when the alarm rings at 5:40 am. 

 
I’ve also been obsessed with Lilly’s goofy Skipper Popover for awhile now, but probably have to wait till this shows up on Rue La La. I don’t mind paying Lilly prices, but i can’t justify it on a sweatshirt.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment