Image Map

2.10.2014

David Leite's Hershey Chocolate Cake


I’m always looking for the perfect chocolate cake recipe. I’ve tried a lot of different ones, but I think this simple Hershey’s Chocolate Cake from Leite’s Culinaria is my favorite, because it uses pantry ingredients and a hand mixer.  I love a cake that can be made spur of the moment when the mood strikes. 
 
This cake’s got espresso powder in it, which we all know from Ina Garten seriously enhances the flavor of chocolate. The frosting is made with melted butter and confectioner’s sugar, and it’s a lot lighter and better than most frostings.  I haven’t tried to pipe with it, but it’s the perfect thick, creamy consistency for rustic, homey looking swirls.
 
Because I changed nothing, I’m not going to post the recipe, I’ll just send you right over to David’s blog. Check this out if you need an easy, delicious, classic chocolate layer cake. This one’s perfection, and just in time for Valentine’s Day.

1 comment: