Image Map

11.18.2013

Friendsgiving



For the third year in a row, my husband and I have hosted "Friendsgiving," a pre-Thanksgiving meal where we cram too many of our friends in our small apartment and stuff our face with turkey and cranberry and alcoholic cider. It gets hot and crowded, but it's always a ton of fun.


I do the bulk of the cooking, with my girlfriends supplementing side dishes (those are marked by an asterisk) and the boys bringing booze and dessert. This week, I'll share my tried-and-true recipes and my intense timeline, both of which allow me to pull this off successfully without going crazy.

Our Menu (I'll be adding more links as I post this week):

Antipasto of Brie Cheese, Olives, Crackers, Prosciutto
Butternut Squash Galette*

Lemon Rosemary Roasted Turkey & Gravy
Italian Sausage Stuffing
Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon Parsley Dressing
Green Beans with Shallots
Mashed potatoes
Mashed sweet potatoes*
Cornbread*
Cranberry Sauce*
Cape Cod Chopped Salad
Baked Pasta with Kale and Butternut Squash*
Caramel Vodka Apple Cider

Dessert was buffet of apple pie, cookies, pumpkin bread, and fruit salad. The boys also randomly brought a giant bag of Airheads and Starburst, so we had a little Halloween throwback as well.

Stay tuned for the recipes, just in time for actual Thanksgiving!


I will not be sharing carving tips, I hacked that turkey up. Please share your tips with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment