Image Map

9.24.2013

Antipasto

Pretty sure antipasto is one of my favorite things in the world. Meat, cheese, olives, bread- I could happily subsist on all of the above. 

It’s also great to serve at a party- there’s something for everyone, and it requires no cooking, just arranging of some purchased cold cuts and jarred items.


I’ve served it as a light lunch for three, crowding a platter with crusty Italian bread, spicy soppressata, roasted red peppers, and olives:






Sometimes, I step things up with the inclusions of mini cheese boards, here featuring mozzarella and robiola. I like a mixed green salad to round things out as well, and I really love arugula lightly tossed with lemon juice and olive oil. 



For a football party recently, I put together this spread:





But basically, you can pick and choose whatever you like, arrange it nicely, and serve up a delicious appetizer with basically no cooking.


Some ideas to include:

·        Artichoke hearts
·        Olives
·        Marinated mushrooms
·        Pepperoncini
·        Cured hard salami
·        Mortadella
·        Prosciutto or speck (its smoked sister)
·        Mini bell peppers
·        Cheese: Provolone, Taleggio, Robiola, Fontina, or hunks of Parmesan
·        Giardinera (pickled vegetables)
·        Breadsticks or crostini
·        Figs
·        Caponata

No comments:

Post a Comment