Image Map

12.10.2013

Peppermint Mojitos

 

Today I’m sharing a recipe for Peppermint  Mojitos, a refreshing cocktail that’s perfect for Christmas.

The drink is easy to make for a group, although juicing enough limes to get one cup of juice was annoying. Why are limes so juiceless? Whenever I watch Barefoot Contessa I make fun of her electric juicer, but you can bet I was wishing for one when I made these. 

Peppermint Mojitos, adapted from Perfect Recipes for Having People Over by Pam Anderson

2 cups ice cubs
8 large mint sprigs, plus more for garnish
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup fresh lime juice (I needed 8 limes!)
1½ cups white rum
½ cup peppermint schnapps
8 dashes Angostura bitters
1 liter Seltzer, chilled

Add ice, mint, sugar, and lime juice to pitcher. Mash mint against ice and sugar with a wooden spoon. Add rum, schnapps, and bitters. Store in freezer until party time.

To serve, fill 6 8oz old fashioned glasses with ice, and add rum mix to come 2/3 of the way up the glass. Top off with club soda. Garnish with candy cane and extra mint sprigs, and serve.

Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment